The Founders of the Society:
Ksenija Bosnar, Jadranka Božikov, Nataša Delimar, Đuro Deželić, Vladimir Hitrec, Vesna Hljuz Dobrić, Josipa Kern, Miljenko Košićek, Gizela Luković, Vesna Lužar, Konstantin Momirović, Zoran Pišl, Franjo Prot, Pavao Rudan, Nina Smolej-Narančić, Diana Šimić, Miro Uglešić and Silvije Vuletić.
Timeline of the Croatian Biometric Society:
• In 1989. 16 friends who spent a large portion of their time looking for ways to analyze and interpret data about people, animals and plants met in the School of Public Health "Andrija Štampar". They agreed to formalize their meetings in the form of Biometric Society of Croatia with Silvije Vuletić, as the first President of the HBMD
• In April 20th 1990 Biometric Society of Croatia was officially registered.
• In 1992 Biometric Society of Croatia changed name into Croatian Biometric Society with the acronym HBMD still used today.
• 1994 - the first co-organization of section Biometrics within the international conference International Technology Interfaces (ITI) in Pula, Croatia.
• 1996 - the first School of Biometrics within Biometrics section held, and continues to these days.
• 1997 HBMD changed its status from a civil non-governmental organization to a scientific association, and accordingly changed the statute.
• 1998 Change the Presidency • Diana Šimić – the second President of the HBMD
• 20th May 2000. Solemn Academy - a celebration of the 10th Anniversary of HBMD held in Jazbina Experimental Station - Department of Viticulture and Enology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zagreb .
• 2004 Change the Presidency • Marija Pecina – the third President of the HBMD
• 2004 Amendments to the Statute of HBMD
• 10-12 . September 2004. HBMD organizes workshop on the application of statistical methods entitled: ‘ANOVA with repeated measures’ held in Velika - forest Experimental Station of the Faculty of Forestry, University of Zagreb.
• October 16, 2009 The 20th Anniversary Celebration of HBMD held in Jazbina Experimental Station - Department of Viticulture and Enology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zagreb.
Awarded Honors to Silvije Vuletic and Diana Simic and Acknowledgement to University Computing Centre - SRCE.
• 2010 - The redesign of the HBMD logo and stamp.
• 2010 - Change the Presidency • Anamarija Jazbec – the fourth President of the HBMD
• 2013 - New HBMD web pages
• 2014 - The first independent organization of the 21st International Scientific Symposium on Biometrics in CAAS, Dubrovnik, held on June 11th to 14th, 2014
• 2015 - 22nd International Scientific Symposium on Biometrics BIOSTAT 2015 held on June 28 to July 1, 2015 in Dubrovnik
• 2017 - 23rd International Scientific Symposium on Biometrics BIOSTAT 2017 held on June 7 to 10, 2017 in Šibenik
• 2019 - 24th International Scientific Symposium on Biometrics BIOSTAT 2019 held on June 5 to 8, 2019 in Zagreb
• February 6, 2020 The 30th Anniversary Celebration of HBMD. Awarded Honors to Vesna Lužar-Stiffler, Franjo Prot, and Vesna Hljuz Dobrić.
• 2021 - 25th International Scientific Symposium on Biometrics BIOSTAT 2021 held on September 8 to 10, 2021 in Poreč